A common question that comes up around here:
What are some tips for location scouting or finding great locations to shoot at?
You ask, we try to help. And thus, here’s what we’ll discuss in this month’s Grads Master Class:
- 2 key mindsets when approaching every single location.
- 2 portrait categories: “Portraits” vs “Environmental Portraits.”
- Dead giveaways that you’ve found a great portrait spot.
- Dead giveaways that you’ve found a great environmental portrait spot.
- Questions you should always be asking about the scene (even while it unfolds).
- How to help clients choose the right location.
- My “go-to” locations, and what to look for in yours.
- Tips for shooting on location.
Housekeeping: You’ll now find not only the video, but you can download the slides (as a pdf) or save an audio version only (in case you want to listen to it while you’re on the run). Of course, you’ll miss the pics…but could still be helpful. 😉 Speaking of helpful, desktop users, don’t forget to click on the view in fullscreen option so that you don’t have to squint to see the words.
Okay, here we go: